Monday, February 28, 2011
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Saturday, February 26, 2011
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
«Luc, dit Bertrand, je suis venu avec une amie, Dominique. C'est mon oncle Luc, le voyageur.»
J' étais agréablement surprise. Je me disais: «Tout à fait possible, l'oncle voyageur.»
Il avait les yeux gris, l'air fatigué, presque triste. D'une certaine manière il était beau.
Monday, February 21, 2011
Sunday, February 20, 2011
- Thousands of front & backlist titles
- Dynamic content and feature set, with frequent addition of new titles being and regular functionality enhancements
- Titles from across all Cambridge world renowned subject areas
- Flexible purchase plans and custom packages
- Powerful quick search, advanced search and browse capabilities
- Comprehensive library support tools including downloadable MARC records, usage reports and access & authentication methods
- Compliance with all major industry standards and initiatives
- Extensive user functionality including hyperlinked references & personalisation features
- Dedicated customer support teams
- Enhanced discoverability tools
Scribd is the world’s largest social reading and publishing company. We've made it easy to share and discover entertaining, informative and original written content across the web and mobile devices. Our vision is to liberate the written word, to connect people with the information and ideas that matter most to them.
Think of Scribd (pronounced “skribbed”) as the largest book club on the planet -- except that anyone can join the conversation on any topic imaginable: vampire fan fiction, European travel, the latest research in neuroscience, even crossword puzzles.
Scribd’s patent-pending conversion technology has democratized the publishing process. Now, anyone can instantly upload and transform any file -- including PDF, Word and PowerPoint -- into a web document that’s discoverable through search engines, shared on social networks and read on billions of mobile devices.
Scribd is where your content finds an audience. Millions of people come to Scribd every day to read and discuss business presentations, poetry, magazines and the latest best-sellers. Scribd’s content publishers include the biggest names in book publishing, media, government and entertainment. Many more are people just like you.
Jason — Round and warm
Granjon — Round, warm and graceful
Caledonia — Clean, firm, business-like
Times Roman — Stiff, cold, formal
Electra — Light, cool, efficient
Fairfield — Fussy
Bodoni — Dramatic
Waverley — Round and cool
In choosing type, it's better to consider these characteristics than to follow historical or conventional rules. It's the type's character, not its history, that affects the reader.
Saturday, February 19, 2011
Saturday, February 12, 2011
Queens Library (QL), the 2009 Gale/LJ Library of the Year and the highest-circulating library in the United States, will go live next month with its new daVinci Open Library Platform—a customizable, multi-purpose integrated library system (ILS) and other components the library has developed with ILS company VTLS.
QL and VTLS have been working on daVinci since 2008. Its architecture includes a heavily customized version of VTLS's Virtua ILS and other VTLS components, as well as a QL-created, Drupal-based content management system that will host staff and customer websites, and many open-source elements, such as an Apache Solr search platform, a MySQL database, and Fedora Commons digital asset management.
After the launch of QL's new website in January, many new features are slated for development, including a mobile website and mobile app, a recommendation engine which would give QL patrons the option to save their own search histories, revamped econtent delivery, and enhanced community-oriented news and information on each of its 62 branch library sites. (A preview version of the new site is available on the current QL website.)
- (Only at a library) 1. Specialist research; 2. Environment to learn; 3. Expert staff;
4. Free internet access; 5. Engage in local democracy
- (Only online) 1. Searchability; 2. Digital books; 3. Comfort in numbers;
4. Brings niches together; 5. Self-publishing
Friday, February 11, 2011
Thursday, February 10, 2011
- А почему такое маленькое?
- Оно только моё. Зато какое лучистое и красивое...
- Да, восхитительно!
- Хочешь кусочек?
- Давай ладошку, я поделюсь с тобой.
- Ой, оно такое тёплое!
- Очень...Спасибо! Знаешь, мне намного лучше, когда счастье в руке...
- Так всегда бывает.
- А если я с кем-то поделюсь?
- Тогда у тебя прибавится своего!
- Сам не знаю. Только потом оно станет ещё более тёплым.
- А руки об него обжечь можно?
- Руки обжигает боль...Счастье не может обжечь...