Sunday, September 5, 2010

William Eggleston

(How do you decide if something is worthy of being captured?)
I never know beforehand. Until I see it. It just happens all at once. I take a picture very quickly and instantly forget about it. Not for good, but for the time being. Suddenly I just feel like I have to take a picture. Sometimes I’ll leave the house with a fully loaded camera and end up with nothing. It’s just about being there. Anywhere. Even the most uninteresting, ugly or boring places can for an instant become magical to me.

2 comments:

  1. I would like to capture 'something' without a camera. A photographers uses a camera, I use this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In answering to the question "How do you decide if something is worthy of being captured?", Eggleston said this. He can say he "instantly forget about this" because it is in a camera - obviously.

    ReplyDelete