Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thomas L. Friedman

I had to catch a train in Washington last week. The paved street in the traffic circle around Union Station was in such poor condition that I felt as though I was on a roller coaster. I traveled on the Amtrak Acela, our sorry excuse for a fast train, on which I had so many dropped calls on my cellphone that you’d have thought I was on a remote desert island, not traveling from Washington to New York City. When I got back to Union Station, the escalator in the parking garage was broken. Maybe you’ve gotten used to all this and have stopped noticing. I haven’t. Our country needs a renewal.

1 comment:

  1. One for the Country

    by Thomas L. Friedman

    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/18/opinion/friedman-one-for-the-country.html?_r=1&ref=opinion

    ReplyDelete