Saturday, March 2, 2013

Albert Einstein

I believe in intuitions and inspirations. I sometimes feel that I am right. I do not know that I am. When two expeditions of scientists, financed by the Royal Academy, went forth to test my theory of relativity, I was convinced that their conclusions would tally with my hypothesis. I was not surprised when the eclipse of May 29, 1919, confirmed my intuitions. I would have been surprised if I had been wrong.
Then you trust more to your imagination than to your knowledge?
I am enough of the artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

1 comment:

  1. What Life Means to Einstein: An Interview by George Sylvester Viereck

    The Saturday Evening Post

    1929 October 26

    ReplyDelete